Welcome to SIIT!
At SIIT we build today’s workforce and tomorrow’s leaders!
SIIT is proudly Indigenous
Founded in 1976 by grassroots Indigenous leaders looking for a better way to provide education and training to Indigenous people in Saskatchewan, SIIT has remained true to its roots. Over 40 years later SIIT is 100% Indigenous governed with board members representing Saskatchewan’s First Nations and Tribal Councils.
Indigenous culture is part of the fabric of SIIT and we remain committed to ensuring our operations and curriculum embrace Indigenous ways of being, knowledge, traditions, and ceremonies. Our staff are encouraged to participate in ceremonies and cultural teachings throughout the year.
We also value and respect the diversity of our staff and students!
Attractive Total Rewards Package
SIIT offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes:
- A defined contribution retirement plan with matching options up to 7.5%
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, including coverage for paramedical services, prescription medications, and vision care
- Competitive life insurance and dependent life
- Short and long term disability
SIIT also supports work-life balance providing staff with the following perks:
- SIIT leadership recognizes that our employees work hard to meet the goals and purpose of our Institute and supports a work life balance by offering shortened Fridays, summer hours and flex hours. Over the course of the year, these perks add up to over a week of extra time off to spend with family and friends!
During the past five years SIIT has extensively upgraded the technology available to staff and students. Teaching facilities are equipped with smartboards and other digital aids. Staff utilize the cloud based Office 365 allowing them to access email and files from anywhere and at any time. We also leverage Skype for Business and other tools to reduce travel. Our facilities are all equipped with secure Wi-Fi so you can grab a laptop and work hassle free at any of our facilities throughout the province.