COVID-19 Information for Public, Staff, and Students
On February 8, Premier Moe announced that the Government of Saskatchewan will be ending all Proof of Vaccination requirements as of midnight on February 13, 2022, and all remaining public health orders (masking, social distancing, etc.) as of midnight on February 28, 2022.
As we move into this new environment, we ask that all staff and students continue to be socially responsible, self-monitor and stay home when sick.
Case Tracking and Reporting Illness
Please continue to report any positive cases to your supervisor and the COVID-19 Response Coordinator, Rilyn Jurgens at firstname.lastname@example.org until February 28, 2022. On or after March 1st, 2022, SIIT will no longer require reporting of positive COVID-19 cases.
As of this date, any sick leaves will revert to internal Staff and Student leave policies which require notification of supervisor/instructor and medical documentation from a licensed health professional for any absence of three (3) consecutive days or more. Rapid tests will not be recognized as satisfactory documentation for leaves.
In person travel and meetings can resume with appropriate safety measures in place. If you are unsure about your travel/meeting safety plans, please reach out to your supervisor for coaching and support.
Updated COVID-19 documents and information are available on MyEagle and siit.ca. This includes updated FAQ for students and staff, Operational Protocols, and the COVID-19 Quick Guide. If you have any questions, please reach out to the COVID-19 Response Team at email@example.com
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Our Employee & Family Assistance Program is available if you are experiencing stress or anxiety. Call 1- 800-663-1142 or www.homeweb.ca. Homewood Health will continue to offer online counselling services and many online resources for SIIT staff
- PPE and Cleaning Supplies
- We strongly encourage staff and students to continue to wear masks, physically distance and self-monitor to protect our learning community and those among our community who are most vulnerable. Cleaning protocols will remain in place until further notice as a safety measure
- If you require Personal Protective Equipment or additional cleaning supplies for your location, please contact Rilyn Jurgens at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests
- N96 Masks, Medical Grade 3-Ply Masks and Rapid Tests remain available for Staff and Students while supplies last
SIIT Operational Protocols
- Masks will no longer be required as of March 1, 2022
- Maintain physical distance where possible
- SIIT will no longer conduct contact tracing
- Stay home if you are sick
- As of March 1, 2022, SIIT will no longer be tracking positive cases internally
SIIT COVID-19 Response
SIIT is committed to keeping our community safe and healthy. Thank you all for your patience as we navigate through another year.
- SIIT COVID-19 Operational Protocols (February 7, 2022)
- SIIT COVID-19 Operational Protocols (January 3, 2022)
- SIIT COVID-19 Operational Protocols (August 24, 2021)
- SIIT COVID-19 Operational Protocols (August 28, 2020)
- SIIT Staff and Student Update (August 24, 2020)
- SIIT Staff Update (June 30, 2020)
- SIIT Staff and Student Update (May 27, 2020)
- All Staff and Student Communications Extended Closure and SIIT Operational Update (March 30, 2020)
- SSIT Program and Facility Closures (March 17, 2020)
- SIIT Suspends Programs from March 16th-18th Province Wide (March 15, 2020)