COVID-19 Information for Public, Staff, and Students
As we begin the 2021-2022 academic year, the health and safety of all staff, students, clients and visitors are of the utmost importance. We strongly encourage everyone to get double vaccinated and will be providing on-site vaccination clinics at our three campus locations this fall. While no decision has been made at this point to require all staff, students and those visiting our facilities to be double vaccinated, we will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation very carefully should we need to implement a double vaccine mandate at the beginning of 2022, or upon direction from the Saskatchewan Health Authority. The following safety precautions will be in effect as of August 30, 2021, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmissions within our learning community.
SIIT Operational Protocols
- Masks are required in all public areas;
- Staff, students, clients and visitors will not be allowed to enter a SIIT facility if they have cold/flu like symptoms, have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with a positive case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
- Maintain social distance where possible;
- The Saskatchewan Health Authority will lead any contact tracing – this will not be managed by SIIT;
- Staff and students are asked to notify their manager/instructor if they have received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis;
- SIIT will not require sign in/out sheets; and
- SIIT is open to the public.
COVID-19 training provided by HRDownloads is mandatory for all staff. Students will be informed regarding SIIT protocols by their instructor. Protocols can be found on SIIT’s website, D2L, SIIT’s Global drive and myEagle.
All SIIT facilities will be open to the public. Registered SIIT staff and students will continue to have access to their primary sites. Children, family, and friends are not allowed to accompany staff or students to class/work.
SIIT COVID Response
The health and safety of SIIT staff, students, visitors and clients is of upmost importance during the COVID-19 pandemic. The SIIT President and CEO, along with the Senior Executive Team of Vice-Presidents are responsible to ensure SIIT is adhering to all Provincial and Federal guidelines.
Staff, students, visitors and clients can contact an instructor or manager with any questions. Additionally, the SIIT COVID-19 lead can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
- SIIT COVID-19 Operational Protocols (August 28, 2020)
- SIIT Staff and Student Update (August 24, 2020)
- SIIT Staff Update (June 30, 2020)
- SIIT Staff and Student Update (May 27, 2020)
- All Staff and Student Communications Extended Closure and SIIT Operational Update (March 30, 2020)
- SSIT Program and Facility Closures (March 17, 2020)
- SIIT Suspends Programs from March 16th-18th Province Wide (March 15, 2020)