Trades & Industrial
Boiler Lab Training – 4th Class Power
[200 hours/5 weeks – Meadow Lake only]
The purpose of a Power Engineering Lab is to teach the students the practical application of the knowledge contained in the course material and to make them familiar with types of equipment they may encounter in industry.
This is done through:
- Exposure to equipment similar to what they could be operating in plants.
- Simulating conditions that would be encountered at a work site.
- Challenging the students to analyze and solve problems that are created for them.
The student will be required to perform a minimum of 200 hrs of lab time in which they will be required to learn, apply and demonstrate the following tasks (and many more):
- ability to demonstrate boiler pre-start up procedures
- ability to start up boiler
- ability to perform mechanical boiler cleaning
- identification boiler and auxiliary equipment components
- regulating boiler pressure
- operation of high pressure boiler with pneumatic and computer controls
- Current or previous 4th Class Power Engineering student
- Good eyesight, hearing, manual dexterity and physical mobility
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Class 5 driver’s license (preferred)
|Please note: All tuition and fees are subject to change.|
What to Expect
- Students will be required to be in training 40 hours per week (8 hour days).
- Personal Protective Equipment needed for shop training and employment are supplied by the participant (steel toed boots, hard hats).
Regular attendance (200 hours) is essential for success and is required to complete.
Graduation Requirements and Credential
There are no exams for this course. Students must complete all tasks required in the Boiler Lab in order to complete the training.
Successful students will receive a certificate of attendance from SIIT.
TSASK will be notified of students who successfully complete the training. Please note that SIIT is not responsible for issuing 4th Class Power Engineering Certification. For Information on how to receive full certification please see www.tsask.ca.
Fall 2022 - Power Engineer Boiler Lab - Meadow Lake
Program Length: 5 weeks
Start Date: 09/06/2022
Division: Trades and Industrial
Location: Meadow Lake - Power Engineer Boiler Lab
For more information on the Power Engineer Boiler Lab program. Please contact SIIT Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.